Old Cheney Road Improvements70th to 82nd Streets
This site is created for the City of Lincoln Old Cheney Road Improvement project. Because of rising traffic volumes, Old Cheney's existing two-lane rural street will be upgraded to a four-lane urban street with left turn lanes, curbs and gutters. Construction is scheduled to begin in early 2014. The project also includes:
- Installing drainage facilities and reconstructing water and wastewater mains and private utility lines;
- Constructing bike trails, sidewalks and curb ramps;
- Installing a new traffic signal, street lighting and communications infrastructure;
- Building retaining walls; and
- Reconstructing adjacent roads, as required, to match with the improvements.